According to the latest Harris Poll in 2012, 1 out of every 5 U.S. adults boasts one tattoo, at least. This number is more than what was there in 2008, which was only 14%. Further, 19% males have at least one tattoo on their body, which is more than the statistics in 2008 being only 15%. This simply indicates that the popularity of tattoo has increased significantly. While initially only the rock band members got tattoos, even the common man today likes to have such an artistic design on neck, shoulders, arms, and chest.
For men, tattoos represent strength and braveness. However, when it comes to men tattoo ideas, each tattoo has its own significant meaning and inference. It is no longer a painting art but a symbol of different feelings. While some tattoos indicate cultural or social love, a few others represent pain. Similarly, while a few represent religious faith, some have specific social message to be given to the world. If you are deciding to go for a tattoo, here are some cool tattoo ideas for men to consider.
Phoenix Design Ideas
Phoenix represents emerging from the ashes, which indicates regeneration, survival, immortality, and longevity. Having such a tattoo indicates having an experience or keen desire to experience revival after a personal battle. This makes practical sense because each of us seeks to come out of problematic situations.
- Idea 1: The big and bold phoenix bird spanning across a larger body area such as the back, sleeve, or wrist, with vibrant colors, indicating being majestic
- Idea 2: Tribal phoenix in red and black signifying the primitive Chinese and Egyptian culture for conveying resurrection
- Idea 3: Flying phoenix with a furious look and outstretched wings on the back or along the rib cage, indicating fearlessness
- Idea 4: Attitude showing phoenix indicating life as an ongoing challenge with never to die spirit
Dragon Design Ideas
Dragons are perhaps the most preferred of all mythological creatures, as they symbolize protection, strength, wisdom, courage, and power. In the ancient days, men and Eastern dragons were believed as the guardians of their dear ones. For Vikings, dragons onto their ships’ prows were believed to grant supernatural spots, while Chinese considered them as the sons of Gods. If you wish to show such significance, here are some cool men tattoo ideas for dragons.
- Idea 1: Chinese dragons or Lung indicating fear, worship, mystery, and power; the Spiritual dragon to control the weather, Earth dragon to control water, Underworld dragon to defend valuable gems and metals, white dragon indicating purity, black dragon for mystery, Azure dragon for compassion, and yellow dragon heeding all pleas
These are one of those WOW designs when it comes to having the most masculine and classically artistic tattoo ideas for men! The deep Celtic knots and lines have a profound symbolism as well as story behind them. They are typically made using black and blue strokes to create an intricate and interlace design reflecting a manly look.
- Idea 1: Celtic Shamrock with three leaves symbolizing the Irish Catholic Church’s ‘Holy Trinity’
- Idea 2: Spiral boasting whirls and curls of lines and reminding the Druid culture
- Idea 3: Zoomorphic in the shape of animals combined with Celtic knots to indicate deities having a blend of animal and human forms, or in a shape of hearts expressing devotion and love
- Idea 4: Mazes encompassing hiding figures of different animals
- Idea 5: Celtic cross with a circle at the intersection indicating several interpretations: Incessant God’s love, sun, or a phallic symbol
So, have you found your men tattoo idea?